Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Position Title: Grants Coordinator
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and fluency in at least one local language
Supervisor: Grants Officer
Starting Date: July 1, 2019
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year Contract
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the Grants Officer and other key Internews staff, ensures a smooth implementation of subgranting activities in support of two Balkan-based projects: Strengthening of Independent Media in the Balkans and Eurasia (SIMEE) and the USAID’s Balkans Media Assistance Program (USAID’s BMAP), and in line with Internews and funder rules and regulations.
- Contributes to the development of RFAs and other grant-making or solicitation documentation, assists applicants during the application process, and facilitates the evaluation and selection process.
- Supports the Balkans Program Manager in executing grant management strategy in the region for the SIMEE program.
- Under the supervision of the Grants Officer, compiles, edits, and reviews grant agreements.
- Maintains regular contact with grantees to monitor the implementation of their grant projects.
- Provides regular mentoring to grantees to ensure high-quality narrative and financial reporting and gathers feedback on project results and indicators in support of the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager. Ensure that reports are submitted by sub-grantees in a timely fashion.
- Conducts site visits to grantees and desk audits to monitor grant progress and compliance.
- Maintains sub-grant agreement and reporting files, prepares projections, documentation, etc.
- Coordinates with other program staff and proactively ensures that they are informed of challenges, issues and successes of grantees.
- Contributes to Internews’ programmatic reports.
- Works closely with the finance staff to ensure that Internews, funder and local regulations are observed in sub-grantee grant execution.
- Follows changes in funder, Internews and local requirements.
- Represents Internews at external meetings if assigned by management.
- Other tasks as assigned by Internews management.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
- At least four years of professional experience
- Previous experience managing grants for international projects
- Working knowledge of US government rules and regulations for grant-making strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and other common software and web applications
- Ability to successfully work with colleagues and partners from different countries and cultures, many of them remotely online
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and organized
- Ability and willingness to travel for grant monitoring within the region
- Fluency in at least one Balkan language and English required
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent standard of education.
Interested candidates can send their current CV and letter of interest to: Balkans-Jobs@INTERNEWS.ORG till June 14, 2019.