About Internews’ CLIMB Project
The goal of Internews’ Cultivating Local Independent Media in the Western Balkans (CLIMB) project is to improve access to useful and objective information in the Balkans by supporting local independent media outlets and enhancing media literacy in the region through mutually reinforcing experimental activities that will address both the supply of and demand for high-quality information about issues of public importance. Internews will achieve this goal by providing long-term comprehensive support to selected independent media partners through data analytics services, technical assistance and content production grants; support for the implementation of experimental media literacy projects and their amplification through collaboration with independent media outlets; and regional gatherings that foster increased cooperation and knowledge exchange between the media and media literacy communities in the Western Balkans.
Internews’ CLIMB project is seeking to establish a Roster of Consultants with expertise in various areas of journalism and media work who would be able to transfer their knowledge and skills to our project’s media partners. The roster will be composed of pre-selected consultants that meet the eligibility requirements for the position and who would be willing to be contracted for one or multiple assignments throughout the duration of the project. Therefore, this is a unique opportunity for any interested and qualified consultant to submit a single application that would enable them to be immediately considered for any future assignments by the Internews CLIMB team in their relevant area of expertise if accepted into the Roster.
Areas of expertise required
The project is seeking candidates with expertise in the following areas:
CONTENT AND AUDIENCE
- Journalism (storytelling for online media, data journalism, solutions journalism, editorial policies, application of standards for online media),
- Multimedia Content Generation (production of text, audio, and video content; filming with cameras, DSLRs, drones, 180- and 360-degree cameras; video editing and postproduction, including color correction, audio mastering, and special visual effects; photography and photo editing, production of graphics and infographics to visualize data).
- Publishing and social media (efficient utilization of social media in distribution of content, including formats, timing, and quantity).
- Utilization of Data Analytics (utilizing data analytics in editorial decision-making and as part of the process of understanding and defining target audiences; generating content that the target audience is interested in and interacts with).
- Online Optimization (optimizing websites for search engines (SEO), tagging and indexing content, improving the health score of websites and solving technical problems)
- Policy (Analyzing and identifying the best international policies in promoting media literacy, conducting needs assessment and collecting inputs, developing media literacy policies including guidelines and concrete tool kits)
- Content (Developing content for broadcast and online platforms on media literacy)
- Training (Delivering training programs on media literacy to various target groups)
How to apply
Applications to be included on CLIMB’s roster of consultants can be sent by email to EE-Balkans-CLIMB-PRJ@internews.org with the subject line, “Application for the roster of consultants”.
Applications should include the following:
· Cover letter expressing the applicant’s interest in the opportunity and expertise in at least one of the required fields
· CV of the applicant
· Portfolio with relevant work or description of previous engagements
Please send all applications by 1 September 2022. Consultants selected by Internews to be included in the roster will be notified by email.