Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Position Title: Finance and HR Assistant
Supervisor: Finance & HR Director
Starting Date: May 3rd, 2023.
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year Contract
The USAID-funded regional media support projects in the Balkans focused on strengthening the competitiveness, sustainability, and cooperation of the independent media sector in Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia. Internews will aim to make media more competitive in the local and regional marketplaces and strengthen the sustainability of the independent media sector across the region, particularly in the digital space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Finance and administration
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Ensure that expense data is properly submitted, and that all expenses are reasonable and allocable, and conform to principles and guidelines.
- Ensure that proper financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained.
- Ensure local financial regulatory compliance such as reporting to local authorities, etc.
- Co-ordinate and maintain a cash forecasting system to ensure adequate funds are available to meet program requirements.
- Monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual programs as against budget and provide timely advice of likely over and under spends.
- Prepare budgets, amendments and forecasts working with the Finance Director.
- Prepare donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements.
- Ensure reconciliation between management information and ledger records.
- Ensure that contractual commitments (e.g. for the rental of vehicles and/or premises) are expressed in forms appropriate for the circumstances of the program.
- o Manage bank accounts, local transfers and payments, to suppliers/staff through the bank account.
- Ensure all national and international staff have valid contracts and local work and transports permits.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations in respect of financial and other matters (e.g. Registration, FX, taxation and labor laws).
- Establish and enforce Internews Personnel Manual, Code of conduct, and other official Internews guidelines.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
- Provide technical co-ordination and advice to other departments in line with Finance Director and Chief of Party's approval.
- Co-ordinate and manage supply and logistics support for operations, including requisitioning, receiving, storing and issuing goods.
- Provide supervision and direction according to donors' procurement requirements.
- Provide management, guidance and maintenance of logistics fixed assets, including the arrangement of insurance wherever required.
- Assist the Finance Manager in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports per donors' guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by Internews management.
- international project, finance management, financial analysis, and contract management experience required
- Experience with USAID-funded projects required.
- Practical knowledge of funders' rules and regulations as they relate to financial management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and to work with a diverse staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong team player, inclusive management style, and motivational attitude.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
- Must be computer literate (Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet) and BW-AGRESSO is a plus.
- English fluency required.
- Knowledge of more than one Balkan language preferred.
Interested candidates can send their current CV and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org till April 14, 2023.