Internews Network in BiH seeks an Office Manager for projects implemented in BiH and the Western Balkan Region.
The position will be based in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Detailed job description is attached.
The deadline for submitting applications is January 4, 2023 by 5PM
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Position Title: Office Manager
Project Name: Balkans Media Assistance Program to Foster Organizational Readiness While Advancing Resilient Development (BMAP forward) /Media Engagement Activity in BiH (MEA)
Languages Required: Excellent command of English and fluency in at least one local language
Supervisor: Finance &HR Director/Senior Program Manager
Effective Date: January 19, 2023
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of the Internews’ BiH offices, including ordering supplies, greeting and otherwise assisting visitors, distributing mail, etc.
- Manage the maintenance of all office equipment
- Conduct procurement, under direction of Finance Department and in cooperation with MEA and BMAP program staff. Maintain list of vendors
- Schedules and handles logistics for meetings and events as requested
- Manage logistics and communications for project events (e.g. large multi-country conferences, trainings, workshops) in coordination with other BMAP Forward and MEA staff and third party vendors, including liaising with and gathering information for contracts and payments from vendors and speakers/trainers, sending out informational updates to participants, arranging travel and hotels, on-site event management, etc.
- Track consultant visits and facilitate their contracting, travel, and payments in conjunction with other BMAP Forward, MEA and HQ staff
- Compile and submit VAT reimbursement requests in coordination with BMAP’s and MEA’s Finance Managers
- Represent Internews at meetings and events as assigned
- Other tasks as assigned
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
· At least two years of administrative experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and other common software and web applications
· Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment using remote collaboration and communication tools
· Strong writing and grammar skills, strong interpersonal skills.
· Detail-oriented, thorough, and organized
· Fluency in at least one Balkan language and English required
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent standard of education.
All interested candidate should send a cover letter and CV to the following email addresses in English: