The Internews INSPIRES Project in Albania is providing internship opportunities to 10 journalism students in Albania who will undergo training courses before being placed for internships with the project’s media partners. The aim of the project is to support the media and the journalism community by providing audiences with good and trusted information as the primary defense against disinformation.
Internews is an international media support nonprofit with 30 offices around the world, including headquarters in California, Washington D.C., London and Paris, and regional hubs in Bangkok, Kyiv, and Nairobi. We support independent media in 100 countries, from radio stations in refugee camps, to hyper-local news outlets, to individual activists and reporters. We’ve helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information that saves lives, improves livelihoods, and holds institutions accountable. We train journalists and digital rights activists, tackle disinformation, and offer business expertise to help media outlets become financially sustainable. We do all of this in partnership with local communities – who are the people best placed to know what works.
The Internews INSPIRES Project provides a four-month internship opportunity for exceptional journalism students of the Department of Journalism and Communications at Tirana University who are ready to explore a career in the media industry in Albania. The project is committed to provide the interns with hands-on theory and practical training courses in Media Literacy, Identifying and Combating Mis- and Disinformation, Multimedia Production, and Data Analytics. Students who complete all courses will be assigned to selected media outlets to complete the internship program.
- Students in the final year of BA or MA studies
- Solid academic records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to successfully complete the four practical courses (three day each) provided by the project
- Able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week for the entire internship period
- Eagerness to learn and to implement the gained knowledge in practice
- Eligibility: Only students who complete the practical courses will be eligible for the internshi
- Stipend: Students will receive a monthly stipend of $250 for the duration of four months ($1,000 in total)
- Trainings location: Tirana
- Internship location: Media outlets who are Internews partners in the project.
How to apply
Send us an application email at EE-Balkans-CLIMB-PRJ@internews.org where you include the following information:
- Cover Letter where you explain why you want to be part of the internship
- Academic Transcript
18 December 2022
Please note that late applications will not be accepted.